General data structure
The XNAT data model is a hierarchy consisting of several layers:
- Project: a project for a specific research project.
- Subject: a patient.
- Session (also known as Experiment): a set of scans for a specific modality (CT/MRI/PET).
- Scan: a set of images performed during a session on a patient for a project.
Experiment data structure
A new project, subject and session can be created using the top menu on the XNAT website -> New.
Beside a scan, two other types of material can be uploaded:
- Reconstruction: for derived files based on the scans e.g. an average.
- Assessment: for derived files based on analysis e.g. logs, spreadsheets.
- (Additional) Resources: any other data e.g. small video's, documents.
These additional types can be uploaded via Pyxnat.